Pet insurance policies are designed to provide insurance for unexpected, accidental, non-routine or non-preventative situations. They are not comprehensive health insurance plans but form part of the overall care package for your pet.
As with other insurance policies Scratch & Patch have exclusions for each section of cover which are fully described in the policy and include;
- Pre-existing conditions – those which your pet already has before the policy starts.
We may be able to cover certain pre-existing conditions under our Champ products. In order to make a decision regarding acceptance, premium, cover, terms and conditions we will ask for medical information from you about your pet as part of the quotation process. Your policy will detail which declared conditions are covered and which are not. Other terms and conditions may also apply. Any pre-existing conditions which you do not declare will also be excluded from cover.
- Illness claims for conditions starting in the waiting period – explained above.
- The excess – this is the first part of any claim which you will have to pay.
- Routine and preventative treatment – such as vaccinations, neutering, worm tick & flea treatments, grooming, claw clipping and routine dental treatment.
- Pregnancy and giving birth – such as pregnancy check-ups or related visits, giving birth and the treatment of the puppies or kittens. The offspring will need to be insured separately once old enough and are not covered by the parents policy.
- Death, euthanasia and loss and recovery cover ceases at 8 years of age for dogs and 10 years of age for cats.