1. What made you get them in the first place?
I always loved dogs but never owned one before. I was looking online for Alsatians, and found a litter of 10; 5 boys and 5 girls. I wanted to have 2 short haired boys and I was very lucky that out of the 5 boys, only 2 were short haired so I picked them two out of the other 3.
2. Why did you choose a German Shepherd?
I chose this breed because there are very loyal to their owner plus, they are very smart and learn very quickly, they can also be funny sometimes.
3. What is the most rewarding thing you have found about owning a pet?
They make you smile everyday with their silliness. The most rewarding thing is that when you come back from a long day at work, they’re very happy and excited to see you.
4. Have you encountered any problems (illnesses, behavioural, social) with either of them?
Rex sadly has Arthritis in all 4 limbs, he was only 3 when I discovered he was limping during walks. I took him to the vets where they did x-rays and discovered the Arthritis and now he is on pain killers.
5. What is your top tip for people thinking about adding a pet to their family?
It’s very hard at the start because you have to train them and teach them lots of things when they are puppies but after that it becomes easy.
6. Do you have any funny stories to share with us about Max & Rex?
What I can share about Rex is that his left ear has not stood up like an Alsatian and anybody that meets him falls in love with him.