2. keyboard_arrow_right
  3. Community
  4. keyboard_arrow_right
  5. Member stories
  6. keyboard_arrow_right
  7. Meet Karon & Humbug

Karon & Humbug

Time to read: 8 mins

What made you get Humbug in the first place?

I love the companionship a pet brings. I enjoy their company and the love they bring into a household

How did you choose a Miniature Schnauzer?

I had Shelties all my life but wanted a breed that would not shed its coat and was more manageable with regards to grooming, as I was getting older, this is something I needed to consider. I also wanted a pet that I could do competitions with such as agility.

What is the most rewarding thing you have found about owning a pet?

It is the loyalty and fun I have had.

Have you encountered any problems (illnesses, behavioural, social) with Humbug?

He is a very nervous dog and for the first 6 months he barked at anything and everything. Then I found a training school that really understood him and since then he has developed into such a lovely dog. He is still nervous but both he and I know how to cope with it. He now has a confidence I never thought he would have.

What is your top tip for people thinking about adding a pet to their family?

Really think about what you want your dog for and the lifestyle you have. These two aspects need to match up.

Do you have any funny stories to share with us about Humbug?

When we did our last competition it was a beautiful hot sunny day and my daughter was sat in the car watching with all the doors open. Humbug had done brilliantly in the first part of the competition. We then got to the last section and he looked over and saw my daughter – and ran off to join her in the car and he jumped into the drivers seat like he was making a getaway. I think he’d had enough and decided it was time to go home!

Scratch & Patch Characters

See how we can help cover your pets from injuries and illnesses.

Learn more

Scratch&Patch-miniature_schnauzer
Scratch & Patch Characters

Get your 4-legged friend covered today

Get a quote

Related articles

Kelly and Willow

Meet Kelly and Willow

Homekeyboard_arrow_rightMember StoriesKelly and WillowMember name: KellyPet name: WillowPet breed: MoggiePet age: 14 years1. What made you get Willow in the first place? I grew up with cats in our house…
Read more >
Frankie

Meet Frankie & Maxwell

Frankie and MaxwellTime to read: 8 mins What made you get Maxwell in the first place?  I adopted him when he was a tiny kitten from someone who was moving…
Read more >
Menu
Share via
Copy link