2. keyboard_arrow_right
  3. Community
  4. keyboard_arrow_right
  5. Member stories
  6. keyboard_arrow_right
  7. Meet Anna & Opal

Anna and Opal

Time to read: 8 mins

What made you get Opal in the first place?

I wanted my dog, Pixie, a Bichon Frise to have a big sister to play and cuddle with.

How did you choose this breed?

St Berdoodles are known to be very loyal, loving and cuddly. Both breeds are very intelligent and great companions.

What is the most rewarding thing you have found about owning a pet?

Raising Opal from a puppy has been so much fun and it is really nice seeing how much progress she has made. She has been very easy to train; she is fully toilet trained and loves to do tricks for treats. She is very big now and it’s lovely to have her to cuddle with. She is very sensitive and caring.

Have you encountered any problems (illnesses, behavioural, social) with your pet?

Opal suffered from urine infections when she was smaller, but all her problems have now been resolved now.

What is your top tip for people thinking about adding a pet to their family?

Being consistent with training and rewards is the key to getting the best results when raising a new puppy. You must be patient and understanding at all times.

Do you have any funny stories to share with us about Opal?

Opal likes to wrap her arms around your shoulders and kiss you, especially after you give her a treat. She also loves water, and won’t hesitate to try and jump in your bath or shower.

Scratch & Patch Characters

See how we can help cover your pets from injuries and illnesses.

Learn more

Scratch&Patch-StBernardxPoodle
Scratch & Patch Characters

Get your 4-legged friend covered today

Get a quote

Related articles

Kelly and Willow

Meet Kelly and Willow

Homekeyboard_arrow_rightMember StoriesKelly and WillowMember name: KellyPet name: WillowPet breed: MoggiePet age: 14 years1. What made you get Willow in the first place? I grew up with cats in our house…
Read more >
Frankie

Meet Frankie & Maxwell

Frankie and MaxwellTime to read: 8 mins What made you get Maxwell in the first place?  I adopted him when he was a tiny kitten from someone who was moving…
Read more >
Menu
Share via
Copy link