1. What made you get Trixie in the first place?
We have an older cat, Gloria who is loved but doesn’t enjoy being stroked and played with by the girls. They wanted a new kitten who might be a bit more friendly.
2. Why did you choose this breed?
We just went to the Cats Protection and waited for a kitten to become available- these are generally moggies.
3. What is the most rewarding thing you have found about owning a pet?
Trixie is very playful and loves having cuddles with the girls. She has also given Gloria a new lease on life as she is now doing lots of play fighting and racing about the garden with Trixie.
4. Have you encountered any problems (illnesses, behavioural, social) with Trixie?
Yes, Trixie wasn’t insured at first and when she was around 7 months old she came home with a ruptured abdomen. We have no idea how it happened but she was very poorly and had to be operated on. I then insured her with Scratch & Patch, just as a precaution as I assumed it would be a one off. Unfortunately a couple of months later she again came home with internal injuries which required yet another operation, x-rays and an overnight stay at the vets. Thankfully this time I was covered with insurance!!
5. What is your top tip for people thinking about adding a pet to their family?
Insure your pet!!!!
6. Do you have any funny stories to share with us about Trixie?
The next door neighbours also have young children who love to play with Trixie when she pops in their garden. Recently, they were taking their toddler to his room for a nap when they found Trixie in his cot! Luckily they like her, but she is very cheeky and we are fairly sure there are other neighbourhood houses she frequents too.