2. keyboard_arrow_right
  3. Community
  4. keyboard_arrow_right
  5. Member stories
  6. keyboard_arrow_right
  7. Meet Annie & Remy

Annie and Remy

Time to read: 8 mins

What made you get Remy in the first place?

My children were a little afraid of dogs so we got a puppy! As I always had a dog as a child I knew it would be the best thing to do. We have never looked back as they adore her and are not scared of other dogs either.

How did you choose Remy?

I knew I wanted a big dog and I have friends who’s dog had puppies so when she was offered to us I just knew she was the “one”. She has the best temperament ever!

What is the most rewarding thing you have found about owning a pet?

It’s the way that the whole family gets involved with her upkeep.  She’s always happy to see you and she has been a “friend” to us all, she’s so loving and she brings so much happiness to us all. She gets all of us out of the house more – we have walked for miles in places we probably would have never gone to without her.

Have you encountered any problems (illnesses, behavioural, social) with your pet?

She’s always been very well behaved and she loves people and other dogs but is sometimes unaware of her size! She has been pretty much illness free until the past year where she’s having trouble with her front leg joints and has just had surgery on both her elbows. I’m so glad that we have insurance, Scratch & Patch have been fabulous from start to finish!

What is your top tip for people thinking about adding a pet to their family?

Remember it’s a huge responsibility but one that gives huge rewards. Always get insurance!

Do you have any funny stories to share with us about Remy?

When she was a younger girl I was walking her on an extendable lead.  I was with my husband, we were talking and another dog walker threw a ball for their dog and Remy just went for it, took me by surprise and pulled me straight over onto my tummy and proceeded to pull me along the field! The funny thing is I didn’t let go and only came to a halt when Remy reached the ball!  She was like “carry on dog walking”

Scratch & Patch Characters

See how we can help cover your pets from injuries and illnesses.

Learn more

Scratch&Patch-remy
Scratch&Patch-remy4
Scratch&Patch-remy5
Scratch & Patch Characters

Get your 4-legged friend covered today

Get a quote

Related articles

Kelly and Willow

Meet Kelly and Willow

Homekeyboard_arrow_rightMember StoriesKelly and WillowMember name: KellyPet name: WillowPet breed: MoggiePet age: 14 years1. What made you get Willow in the first place? I grew up with cats in our house…
Read more >
Frankie

Meet Frankie & Maxwell

Frankie and MaxwellTime to read: 8 mins What made you get Maxwell in the first place?  I adopted him when he was a tiny kitten from someone who was moving…
Read more >
Menu
Share via
Copy link