2. keyboard_arrow_right
  3. Community
  4. keyboard_arrow_right
  5. Member stories
  6. keyboard_arrow_right
  7. Meet Christine & Ethel-Pixie

Christine and Ethel-Pixie

Time to read: 8 mins

What made you get Ethel-Pixie in the first place?

My daughter really wanted to get a dog.

How did you choose this breed?

A friend of mine had a French Bulldog which was having puppies so when the opportunity arrived we just had to have one!

What is the most rewarding thing you have found about owning a pet?

I absolutely adore my dog- she has a fantastic personality and loves everyone, person or dog. She doesn’t have a bad bone in her little body and makes me howl with laughter everyday.

Have you encountered any problems (illnesses, behavioural, social) with Ethel-Pixie?

Ethel-Pixie is “Perfectly Imperfect” she has had a number of health problems her heart being the major one.

What is your top tip for people thinking about adding a pet to their family?

Think carefully about the breed you chose, the length of time your pet will be on its own- especially dogs, the amount of daily exercise your pet needs, what health problems the breed is likely to have.
If adding a pet to your family think about the age of your children, adding a dog is like taking on another child. You also need to think of your surroundings, is your property pet proof e.g secure garden. It is important that you have time for your pet or you have family you can leave your pet with if you are away on holiday or even away for a day. Kennels are about £12- £15 per day depending where you live. I have found a lady who has dogs at her house and she charges the same as kennels. We vetted each other before Ethel-Pixie went to stay with her.

Do you have any funny stories to share with us about Ethel-Pixie?

Something Ethel-Pixie does that I haven’t seen another dog do on our daily walks is when she runs she drops and rolls on the floor- we call it her “Rock and Rolling” this also makes other people laugh. She loves our next door neighbour and when she’s sees him she does the “Bongo” dance on her back legs- jumping side to side wiggling her little bottom until he picks her up.

Scratch & Patch Characters

See how we can help cover your pets from injuries and illnesses.

Learn more

Scratch&Patch-french-bulldog
Scratch & Patch Characters

Get your 4-legged friend covered today

Get a quote

Related articles

Kelly and Willow

Meet Kelly and Willow

Homekeyboard_arrow_rightMember StoriesKelly and WillowMember name: KellyPet name: WillowPet breed: MoggiePet age: 14 years1. What made you get Willow in the first place? I grew up with cats in our house…
Read more >
Frankie

Meet Frankie & Maxwell

Frankie and MaxwellTime to read: 8 mins What made you get Maxwell in the first place?  I adopted him when he was a tiny kitten from someone who was moving…
Read more >
Menu
Share via
Copy link