2. keyboard_arrow_right
  3. Community
  4. keyboard_arrow_right
  5. Member stories
  6. keyboard_arrow_right
  7. Meet Dave & Puzzle

Dave and Puzzle

Time to read: 8 mins

What made you get Puzzle in the first place?

I had a dog as a child and thought it would be a good idea to have another one after reaching retirement.

How did you choose a mix breed?

I saw that he was on sale from a reputable online site. Having gone to look at him, I decided he was a suitable type of dog for me. I took my family on the next visit to collect him and they all agreed with the choice, he is perfect.

What is the most rewarding thing you have found about owning a pet?

His loyalty and friendly demeanour. He always has such a loving response to us, our friends and their pets too.

Have you encountered any problems (illnesses, behavioural, social) with Puzzle?

In March of this year Puzzle unfortunately had a disc disintegrate in his back. After a speedy operation he was left paralysed from the centre of his back to the rear.

What is your top tip for people thinking about adding a pet to their family?

Ensure you have the time and dedication to look after your pet 24/7 especially if something serious happens to them.. We are speaking from first hand experience!

Do you have any funny stories to share with us about Puzzle?

He always used to use up excess energy by zooming around the lawn. He still does this on our lounge carpet, which is very funny to see considering he has no use in his rear legs.

Scratch & Patch Characters

See how we can help cover your pets from injuries and illnesses.

Learn more

Scratch & Patch Characters

Get your 4-legged friend covered today

Get a quote

Related articles

Kelly and Willow

Meet Kelly and Willow

Homekeyboard_arrow_rightMember StoriesKelly and WillowMember name: KellyPet name: WillowPet breed: MoggiePet age: 14 years1. What made you get Willow in the first place? I grew up with cats in our house…
Read more >
Frankie

Meet Frankie & Maxwell

Frankie and MaxwellTime to read: 8 mins What made you get Maxwell in the first place?  I adopted him when he was a tiny kitten from someone who was moving…
Read more >
Menu
Share via
Copy link