2. keyboard_arrow_right
  3. Community
  4. keyboard_arrow_right
  5. Member stories
  6. keyboard_arrow_right
  7. Meet Donna & Reina

Donna and Reina

Time to read: 8 mins

What made you get Reina in the first place?

I got Reina as a playmate for my first dog.  I specifically chose her as I have 2 sons, a male dog and previously had 2 male cats so was feeling a little left out……Team Girl!!

How did you choose this breed?

I wanted a breed similar to my first dog who is a French Bulldog but also love my friends Boston Terriers so decided to get a crossbreed of the two.

What is the most rewarding thing you have found about owning a pet?

The love they have for you.  She is so ecstatic to see me all of the time (even if I’ve just nipped to take the wheelie bin out, lol).  She also loves cuddles and so do I.

Have you encountered any problems (illnesses, behavioural, social) with Reina?

No, so far she is perfection in a dog.  I haven’t even had to train her as she seems to have been born just knowing what I want from her. She goes off lead  but always walks behind me (like a little duckling).  She sits politely to wait for something without me asking her to.  She is so sweet, patient and polite.

What is your top tip for people thinking about adding a pet to their family?

If it’s a puppy then you need to be prepared for basically having a newborn/toddler. I’ve always had cats before and it was a big shock to the system having a puppy that goes to the toilet everywhere and doesn’t sleep through the night….but they are so worth it!

Also, remember that a pet is just a part of your life but you are their whole life so you need to make it special for them and do more for them than just the basics.

Do you have any funny stories to share with us about Reina?

Reina has a bedtime bear, she cannot sleep without it.  She suckles on its paw to send her off to sleep every night.

She also loves to sleep on her big brother (I don’t think he feels quite the same way though, lol).  We managed to snap a shot of it!

Scratch & Patch Characters

See how we can help cover your pets from injuries and illnesses.

Learn more

French-Bulldog-Scratch&Patch
Scratch & Patch Characters

Get your 4-legged friend covered today

Get a quote

Related articles

Kelly and Willow

Meet Kelly and Willow

Homekeyboard_arrow_rightMember StoriesKelly and WillowMember name: KellyPet name: WillowPet breed: MoggiePet age: 14 years1. What made you get Willow in the first place? I grew up with cats in our house…
Read more >
Frankie

Meet Frankie & Maxwell

Frankie and MaxwellTime to read: 8 mins What made you get Maxwell in the first place?  I adopted him when he was a tiny kitten from someone who was moving…
Read more >
Menu
Share via
Copy link