2. keyboard_arrow_right
  3. Community
  4. keyboard_arrow_right
  5. Member stories
  6. keyboard_arrow_right
  7. Meet Traci & Dixie

Traci and Dixie

Time to read: 8 mins

What made you get Dixie in the first place?

Our old dog passed away during lockdown and our Chow was very lonely so we were looking for a new puppy.  I was walking along the beach when this beautiful little black and white dog sidled up to me.  She was so friendly and happy.  I started chatting to the man she was with and he told me he was fostering her as she had recently been rescued close-by.  Her previous owner had been making her have litter after litter of puppies and she was only a baby herself.  When we left the beach I could not stop thinking about her.  I tracked down the Rescue Centre and asked if I could adopt her.  After a telephonic and face-to-face interview, Sue from the Rescue Centre allowed us to become the proud new owners of our gorgeous Dixie.

How did you choose this breed?

I honestly feel Dixie chose me. We have owned a staffie in the past and it was a great experience.

What is the most rewarding thing you have found about owning a pet?

How loving she is.  She needs human contact and has to touch you.  She is a character and has the most lovely nature. I love coming home to a house full of pets, they make a house a home.

Have you encountered any problems (illnesses, behavioural, social) with Dixie?

She can become a little boisterous, especially when we throw the ball for her. We are in the process of training her to “unlearn” this bad habit.

What is your top tip for people thinking about adding a pet to their family?

Get a rescue. They are brilliant dogs. It is as if they know you have saved them and they are so grateful.

Do you have any funny stories to share with us about Dixie?

She loves to have a little “puppychino” in the mornings when we go for a walk. It is a little bit of cream with a bone shaped dog biscuit in a cup. She holds it with her paws and literally gets her entire snout into the cup. There is nothing left in the cup when she is done.

She also loves to get under the covers and snuggle. She lies with her head on the pillow and boy can she snore! She dreams and wags her tail furiously in her sleep.

No matter where we hide her ball she knows where it is, it’s a real talent!!

Scratch & Patch Characters

See how we can help cover your pets from injuries and illnesses.

Learn more

Scratch&Patch-Staffie
Scratch&Patch-Staffie
Scratch&Patch-Staffie
Scratch & Patch Characters

Get your 4-legged friend covered today

Get a quote

Related articles

Kelly and Willow

Meet Kelly and Willow

Homekeyboard_arrow_rightMember StoriesKelly and WillowMember name: KellyPet name: WillowPet breed: MoggiePet age: 14 years1. What made you get Willow in the first place? I grew up with cats in our house…
Read more >
Frankie

Meet Frankie & Maxwell

Frankie and MaxwellTime to read: 8 mins What made you get Maxwell in the first place?  I adopted him when he was a tiny kitten from someone who was moving…
Read more >
Menu
Share via
Copy link