1. What made you get Hugo in the first place?
We have grown up with dogs since being children and being such a big animal lover, I couldn’t wait to get my very own dog.
2. Why did you choose a French Bulldog?
I chose this breed when I lived with my friend for a few years and then brought home a 1 year old French bulldog that someone could no longer look after. We had such an amazing connection and I loved his character so much, I instantly fell in love. When it came to me getting my own place, I missed him so much I had to go get one myself. BEST decision of my life!!!
3. What is the most rewarding thing you have found about owning a pet?
The most rewarding thing about having a pet is the love you receive from them and of course they are the best company.
4. Have you encountered any problems (illnesses, behavioural, social) with Hugo?
Unfortunately for us Hugo was diagnosed with luxating patella in both hind knees to which we are in recovery as we speak. Soon to have the next leg done soon
5. What is your top tip for people thinking about adding a pet to their family?
Choose your breeder wisely and as for and health test certificates to ensure any issues will not be passed on to pups.
6. Do you have any funny stories to share with us about Hugo?
I have always said Hugo is half human, he has a funny little attitude and if he’s being told off, he will tell you off!! Another story, when in the lake district he had taken a liking to chasing the ducks and geese (on a lead of course) he went chasing after them into the lake and I don’t think he realised it became deeper the further he went. This is when we found out Hugo could swim. It’s known that most frenchies can’t swim because of their body shape.
Find out more about lifetime pet insurance for French Bulldogs.